Last Modified: October 23, 2014
Your Content and Other Users’ Content
Atlas allows you to share your content with other users. When you share your content, or allow access to your content, we cannot and will not prohibit others from disclosing that content. By sharing your content or giving access to your content to other Atlas users, you give your consent to us to permit and process such disclosure.
The substance and subject matter of your content is your responsibility. We have no obligation to monitor your content or any other user’s content, although we may review your content anytime to enforce our Unacceptable Use Policy or for any other reason. We are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness or legality of your content or any content you might find using Atlas. Atlas may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We do not endorse and will not be responsible or liable for their availability or accuracy, or for any related content, products, or services. You are solely responsible for your use of any such websites or resources.
Your Atlas Account
Termination of Access and Use
Changes to Atlas
Your Conduct and the Conduct of Others
You are solely responsible for your conduct and your communications with others while using Atlas, just as other users are solely responsible for their conduct and their communications. We are not responsible for your conduct or communications or the conduct and communication of others using Atlas. Be careful with your content and with whom you share it. When you share your content or make it public, other users might use, copy, modify or share your content without your permission and we will not be responsible for that.
Software and Updates
- Be nice to us and other Atlas users.
- Provide us with accurate contact and other account-related information and promptly update your information when changes occur.
- Safeguard your password. Do not disclose it to anyone else. You will be responsible for any activity using your account whether or not you authorized the activity. Promptly notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
- Be sure you have the necessary rights and permissions to your content and any content you use. The content of other users may be protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights. Do not copy, upload, download, share, alter or use other Atlas users’ content unless you have the right or permission to do so.
- Fulfill your obligations of confidentiality when data or access to data is given to you through Atlas under obligations of confidentiality.
- If you are a paid subscriber, then pay your subscription fees when they are due.
- Do not use Atlas in an unacceptable manner as described in our Unacceptable Use Policy.
- Do not upload spyware or any malicious software to Atlas.
- Do not reverse engineer or decompile any software downloaded from Atlas, attempt to do so, or assist anyone else to do so.
- Do not copy scripts, graphics or interactive features of Atlas.
- Do not access or search Atlas by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (“scraping,” for example).
- Do not breach or otherwise circumvent any of our security or authentication measures.
- Do not access or use Atlas Services to which you are not entitled or invited.
- Do not use referrals or promotions to gain more storage than deserved.
- Do not attempt to circumvent our storage limits.
- Do not sell or license Atlas Services to anyone else.
Unacceptable Use Policy
You may use Atlas for your personal and business use. Certain uses of Atlas, however, are unacceptable. Do not use or attempt to use Atlas to —:
- perform any activity where reliance upon or use or failure of Atlas could lead to death, personal injury or physical damage;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- hack, or tamper with our computer systems or the computer systems of anyone else;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of Atlas;
- plant or distribute malware;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- publish or share materials that violate the privacy of others; that advocate racial, ethnic or religious hatred, or that are pornographic, obscene, indecent, vulgar, profane, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, malicious, fraudulent or misleading; or
- violate the law in any way.
No Rights to Atlas Services, Content, Software or Intellectual Property
Our Intellectual Property
We retain all rights to any intellectual property associated with Atlas including patents, patent applications, copyrights, trademarks, servicemarks, tradenames, the look, feel, and design of websites and interfaces, graphics, text, software, licenses, technical drawings, configurations, and application programming interfaces. You may not use, imitate, reproduce, or create derivative works of any our trademarks, servicemarks, logos or tradenames without our express written permission. The trademarks, servicemarks, logos or tradenames, and other intellectual property contained within or associated with Atlas may belong to third parties. You may not use, imitate, reproduce or create derivative works of that intellectual property without permission of the respective owners.
We welcome your suggestions and ideas to improve or enhance Atlas. However, any suggestions or ideas you submit to us will become our property. We will be under no obligation of confidentiality with respect to the suggestions or ideas (even if you identify the suggestions or ideas as confidential or secret before, during or after submission), and will be entitled to use, modify, transfer or incorporate into our products or services those suggestions and ideas without compensation to you.
If you provide written notice of claimed copyright infringement to us in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. Our designated agent for notices of claimed copyright infringement on Atlas is:
Exzeo USA, Inc.
5300 West Cypress Street, Suite 100
Tampa, Florida 33607
We have provided a process for providing notices of claimed copyright infringement at DMCA Process.
Important Notices, Disclaimers and Limitations
Atlas Provided “AS-IS”
ATLAS IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” AT YOUR OWN RISK, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss or corruption of your data or other harm that may result from your access to or use of Atlas.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS OR OUR AFFILIATED ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR (I) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS), REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; OR (II) AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO ATLAS MORE THAN THE GREATER OF $20 OR THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO US FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS OF ATLAS FROM WHICH THE LIABILITIES ARISE.
Miscellaneous Legal Provisions